Not only can modernizing your roof add value to your home, but it can also add to you home’s overall look and feel. Although preparation, correct installation, and framing are all very important, the material you choose can bring the outside of your home to an entirely new level.
Top Six Roofing Materials
- Clay and Concrete Tiles
- Synthetic Roofing Products
- Wood and Shingles
Questions to ask when choosing materials
- Does the material meet your area’s local fire codes?
- Is there a variety of colors available so that you can choose the right one to go with your home?
- Is there any special maintenance or installation problems to contemplate?
- Is the material built to withstand common weather issues particular to your area?
- What is the lifespan, warranty, and cost of the material?
- Will the material require special framing because of the weight?
When you come up with answers to these questions, you will then be able to decide on the best product for your home.
Whether it’s asphalt or metal, the material you choose is important to consider as it reflects the style and look of your home.