A skylight can add a lot of aesthetic value to a house, not to mention monetary value and sunlight. We’ve discussed previously the benefits of owning a skylight. If you have one, you may wonder about the best method for cleaning it. If so, we’ve gone over the process briefly here for your convenience.
- Clear out any furniture resting under the skylight.
- Lay down towels to keep water off of the floor.
- You can invest in a squeegee made specifically for skylights.
- Place a sturdy step ladder underneath the skylight.
- Take off the screen if it has one.
- In a bucket, mix a gallon of water, 1/4 cup ammonia, and some dish soap.
- Use a mop or cloth to rub cleaning mixture onto skylight.
- Dry off with the squeegee.
- Wipe with dry towel.
- Get on the roof, and repeat on the other side of the glass.
That just about covers it. If you live in Louisville and require skylight repair or installation, Assurance Roofing has you covered. To find out more about our services, please give us a call at (502) 228-7717.